The following chart outlines LEL correlation factors for combustible gas sensors.
Accuracy +/- 25% error
NOTE: Calibration gases available from Industrial Scientific Corporation
1. The correlation factors in the table are averaged results for estimation use only. It’s not recommended for analytical application with high accuracy expectation.
2. The correlation factors may vary from sensor to sensor with tolerance of +/- 25% for new sensors. The number could further shift for old sensors.
3. To get a more accurate result, it’s recommended to calibrate the instrument with a gas that has CF close to 1. The closer, the better.
4. It’s not recommended to use correlation factors if the target gas is methane and the sensor is old.
5. Expect more deviation when an old sensor is calibrated with methane gas.
* Preferred gases
TRAINING DISCLAIMER: These training videos and other training materials are intended to assist employers, workers, and others as they strive to improve workplace health and safety, by educating them on the practical use of Industrial Scientific® gas detection equipment. While we attempt to thoroughly address the specific topics, it is not possible to include discussion of everything in a presentation of this nature. Thus, this information must be understood as a tool to assist you in the operation of your Industrial Scientific® gas detection equipment. Finally, over time, Industrial Scientific Corporation may update the training materials and videos in light of new technology, information, or circumstances; to keep apprised of such developments, or to review a complete and up to date library of our training materials, you can visit our website at www.indsci.com or download our app.